As part of this lesson we will explore Scala skills relevant for learning Spark especially for the certifications.
Here is the course link for Learning Scala for Spark. This is the pre-requisite for many of the courses
What is Scala?
- Scala is JVM based functional programming language.
- Even though Scala is there for more than a decade (founded in 2000), it have gained lot of momentum with Spark.
- Spark is completely developed using Scala
- On top of Spark (used for data processing), Scala also have frameworks such as Play to develop web applications
- Brief history of Scala
- REPL or CLI
- Declaring Variables
- Basic programming constructs
- Object Oriented Concepts – Classes, Objects, Companion Classes, Case Classes
- and others
- Externalizing properties
- JDBC Programming
There are many other important topics which are out of the scope for CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer or any Spark based courses for now
- Pattern Matching
- many more
One can also try Scala coding using this link https://scalafiddle.io/
Click here for my blog post to setup IDE for developing Scala based applications.