As per the certification curriculum we need to work on DDL aspects of Hive and Impala as well as concepts around avro-tools.
Use Data Definition Language (DDL) to create tables in the Hive metastore for use by Hive and Impala.
- Read and/or create a table in the Hive metastore in a given schema
- Extract an Avro schema from a set of datafiles using avro-tools
- Create a table in the Hive metastore using the Avro file format and an external schema file
- Improve query performance by creating partitioned tables in the Hive metastore
- Evolve an Avro schema by changing JSON files