As part of this lesson we will look into following topics related to Hadoop Cluster Installation and Administration.
- Given a scenario, identify how the cluster will handle disk and machine failures
- Analyze a logging configuration and logging configuration file format
- Understand the basics of Hadoop metrics and cluster health monitoring
- Identify the function and purpose of available tools for cluster monitoring
- Be able to install all the ecoystem components in CDH 5, including (but not limited to): Impala, Flume, Oozie, Hue, Cloudera Manager, Sqoop, Hive, and Pig
- Identify the function and purpose of available tools for managing the Apache Hadoop file system