As part of this lesson we will look into following topics related to Hadoop Cluster Planning.
- Principal points to consider in choosing the hardware and operating systems to host an Apache Hadoop cluster.
- Analyze the choices in selecting an OS
- Understand kernel tuning and disk swapping
- Given a scenario and workload pattern, identify a hardware configuration appropriate to the scenario
- Given a scenario, determine the ecosystem components your cluster needs to run in order to fulfill the SLA
- Cluster sizing: given a scenario and frequency of execution, identify the specifics for the workload, including CPU, memory, storage, disk I/O
- Disk Sizing and Configuration, including JBOD versus RAID, SANs, virtualization, and disk sizing requirements in a cluster
- Network Topologies: understand network usage in Hadoop (for both HDFS and MapReduce) and propose or identify key network design components for a given scenario