Data Architecture of MongoDB
Developers need to understand that
- MongoDB stores data in the form collections and documents (in RDBMS, it is tables and rows/records)
- MongoDB collections are schema less, each documents will have different number and different types of elements.
- MongoDB is NoSQL database
- Supports CRUD – Create, Read, Update and Delete
- No transactions (eg: commit or rollback), each operation is automatically committed
- Rich querying capabilities (including aggregation framework)