As part of this topic we will see details about setting up environment for preparing for the certification. We require many tools and technologies in the pursuit of preparing for CCA 175 certification.
- A relational database – primarily MySQL
- HDFS and YARN
- Apache Sqoop
All these technologies need to be well integrated.
Following are the recommended options for setting up the environment.
- Cloudera QuickStart VM
- Hortonworks Sandbox
- ITVersity’s Big Data Developer labs
- Cluster in your environment
Setting up all the relevant technologies and integrating them (especially on Windows) is a challenge. Hence we do not recommend setting up all the technologies locally and integrate them.
Setup Cloudera QuickStart VM
Following are high level details in setting up Cloudera QuickStart VM
- Setup Virtual box or VMWare Workstation for Windows or VMWare Fusion for Mac
- Download Cloudera QuickStart VM
- Open the VM with Virtual box or VMWare
- Configure memory and CPU