Vendors such as Cloudera, Hortonworks not only provide training and support, they also issue certifications which are highly recognized in the industry. Most of the certifications are practical oriented which tests level of understanding of test takers.
Why should one certify?
- Tests level of understanding of several Hadoop eco system tools
- Instill confidence in individuals while delivering projects
- Certifications can give some traction in job search process
- Instills confidence in taking the interviews
- Separate certifications for separate roles
- Tests breadth and depth of eco system tools
What are the certifications that are available?
- CCAH – Cloudera Certified Administrator of Apache Hadoop
- HDPCA – Hortonworks Data Platform Certified Administrator
- CCA – Cloudera Certified Associate Spark and Hadoop Developer (HDFS, Sqoop, Flume, Spark with Python, Spark with Scala, Hive, Impala and Avro tools)
- HDPCD – Hortonworks Data Platform Certified Developer (Flume, Hive, Pig and Sqoop)
- HDPCD:Java – Hortonworks Data Platform Certified Developer (Java Map Reduce APIs)
- Data Engineers
- CCP DE – Cloudera Certified Professional Data Engineer (Sqoop, Flume, Hive and Oozie)
CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer
- Certification covers below skills
- Hadoop Distributed File System
- Spark with Scala
- Spark with Python
- Avro tools