This is the first cluster service that we are going to install. It is recommended to install zookeeper server on three nodes minimum. The following are the steps.
- Click on Add Service and then select service “Zookeeper” under custom services
- Select hosts on which zookeeper to be installed
- Select Data and Transaction log directory
- By default – /var/lib/zookeeper for both, if you want we can change.
- Install and start zookeeper service
- In a production environment, you should deploy ZooKeeper as an ensemble with an odd number of servers.
- The minimum recommended ensemble size is three ZooKeeper servers on different machines.
Once you setup the cluster, you can select the cluster on the left side of Cloudera Manager console. Click on add service.
Select the “Zookeeper” service from the list and click continue.
Verify default configuration, Then click continue to install and run zookeeper service. A myid file in its data directory (by default /var/lib/zookeeper) on the nodes that zookeeper service is running.